PHP vs the World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PHP vs the World

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:46 pm

There are quite a few languages that are capable of effecting Server Side functionalities. PHP is free, open and very popular. Justify why you would prefer to use PHP as opposed to any other language. Also, point out the possible fallacies with PHP.

Personal Bias is welcome.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://appliedweb.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

Re: PHP vs the World

Post by recado.campbell on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:54 pm

It is a free and open source software, this programming language is compatible with many database languages such as MySQL and sql server and is light weight web programming language used to create beautiful dynamic websites. It is used on most operating system platforms, with lots of documentations available to assist developers. A concern of PHP is its security because it is open source and if there are any vulnerabilities it could explored by people and another concern is that it is continuously changing.

recado.campbell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo McDonald on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:16 pm

There are several different scripting languages developers have to choose from when building applications such as ASP, JPS, Perl, CGI, and PHP. The main debate recently has been between PHP and ASPX, but it’s hard to argue against the popularity of PHP. It is used for WordPress development and even Facebook utilizes PHP for their site so PHP comes with a certain level of credibility and popularity.

Also this software is easy to use and also the only software I use most of the time. It is light weight and also user friendly. So I would recommend PHP to anyone over others.

Ricardo McDonald

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by viviann sinclair on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 pm

PHP being free is has many snippets that can allow for faster development than some other languages. Additionally they are lots of books out there on php. It is simple to use and setup and work well with modern OOP functionalities. However because it is so widely used and is available freely it becomes a target for malicious exploits. Secondly due to the lack of modularity prior to MVC, it is harder to maintain codes written in php. Lastly it is weakly typed and from time to time does subtle conversions of types.

viviann sinclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Besides the fact that PHP is free and an open source program which allows me to use basically any text editor to code, it is also easier to learn than some of the other languages. There are tonnes of literature and free help available online.
A major disadvantage is the fact that it is an open source program, therefore everyone can see the source code which can be used for malicious intent.

MsChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Parker on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

PHP i was first introduced to PHP in my wed development class and even though i have not grasped the full concept of this language it is open source and easy to use I've also realized the it is easier to understand and manipulate than other languages.my PHP experience is good so far with the incorporation of bootstrap makes PHP a great programming language to know. 

i am doing a course now the we are using another language and it is harder to understand than PHP. maybe the lecturer that teaches us PHP is just a good lecturer.

Sydney Parker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the-dre on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:43 pm

i know of ruby on rails but php seems to be the popular choice for the majority of what i have encountered online. so im sticking with the evil i know

the-dre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshane on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:41 pm

I prefer PHP because its kinda the only language i really know. its good to add bootstrap and css to get a really good website.
Also it is Simple and easy to learn, its scale-able and it does not use a lot of a system resources in order to run, it operates much faster than other scripting languages.

No negative thing just yet.

Roshane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PHP vs The World

Post by Anthony Lawrence on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:31 am

For me, PHP just works. It is the first programming language that I ever tried to learn way back in the early 2000's. And notice I said TRIED, because I'm still learning about PHP. I wont claim to be the best programmer cyclops , but if you give me a problem to solve; with PHP, I will get the job done. There are just so many resources available and PHP is just that well documented. Though not all the examples you find will be good, as long as you don't waste time on Social Media all the time and actually search, there are enough of them for you to get moving in the right direction quite easily. I could go on and on but I'll end by saying this.... FREE, EVERYTHING (some of you will pay for free stuff but not me)... there I said it.

Anthony Lawrence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel507 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Well for me PHP is just the thing for me at this time because ever since I started to use it which was last year I found that it a quite easy Language to learn. It does not really have a lot of " do and make sure you do that". It is free and there are a lot resources out there that can help you to learn PHP. I am not a programmer so in terms of PHP and the other programming languages I can't say which is  better right now .So PHP is way for me right now. Very Happy

Daniel507

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawn Wright on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:38 pm

For me, having a bit of an experience with other languages such as C, C++, C# and Java, PHP is a lot easier to use and understand. PHP is very clean, eloquent, and organized which makes it desirable. Other languages require long tedious scripts, whereas PHP lets you complete the same functions with just a few lines of code. Because it is also a free and open, it gives you maximum control to edit codes. In doing web development I have found out that PHP is of great benefits to developers because of it being 100% free; free in the fact that you don't have to worry about expensive licenses.

In a nutshell, PHP:
1. gives you maximum control
2. is cost efficient
3. is easy to use
4. has access to a huge support because of being an open source

Shawn Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down